The workshop ended successfully. Thank you for your participation.
Snapshots are in the bottom.
This workshop is cosponsored by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (Comprehensive Brain Science Network) from the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture of Japan.
- Date: September 6-7th 2010
- Place: Faculty of Letters Main Bldg., 2F, Lecture Room 7, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Shigeru Shinomoto (Dept Physics, Kyoto University)
Sonja Gruen (Brain Science Institute, RIKEN)
Yoshio Sakurai (Dept Psychology, Kyoto University)
- Contact and registration: Satoshi Yamauchi (Dept Physics, Kyoto University)
- Participation fee: 1,000 JPY on your arrival.Sept 6th (Mon)09:00-11:30
- ♦Shigeru Shinomoto --- Opening remarks ---
- ♦Markus Diesmann (RIKEN) Instantaneous non-linear processing by pulse-coupled threshold units
- ♦Anthony Burkitt (Univ Melbourne) Learning a sparse neural code for temporal sequences
- ♦Yuji Ikegaya (Univ Tokyo) Spike flow in weak and sparse neuronal networks
- ♦Hideaki Shimazaki (MIT) Detection of dynamic cell assemblies by the Bayes Factor11:30-13:30 lunch13:30-14:30
- ♦Yoshio Sakurai --- Introduction ---
- ♦Moshe Abeles (Bar-Ilan Univ) Compositionality by synfire chains14:30-15:00 break15:00-17:30
- ♦Chris Trengove (RIKEN) Endogenous activity in large scale cortical networks of coupled synfire chains
- ♦Jun-nosuke Teramae (RIKEN) Long-tailed EPSP distribution accounts for low-rate asynchronous firings, the up-state, and precise firing sequences in cortical networks.
- ♦Matthieu Gilson (RIKEN) STDP can generate long-tail weight distributions.
- ♦Takuma Tanaka (Kyoto Univ) Infomax in recurrent networks: repeated firing sequences and critical behavior
Sept 7th (Tue)09:00-12:00
- ♦Shigeru Shinomoto (Kyoto Univ) Settling the controversy between rate and temporal coding
- ♦Sonja Gruen (RIKEN) Reflections of assembly activity in the local field potential
- ♦Gaute Einevoll (NULS) Extraction of thalamocortical network models from multielectrode data
- ♦Junji Ito (RIKEN) Cross-frequency coupling in eye-movement related LFP activities in freely viewing monkeys
- ♦Hiroyuki Ito (Kyoto Sangyo Univ) Dynamics of Stimulus-Evoked Spike Timing Correlations in the Cat Lateral Geniculate Nucleus
- ♦Sonja Gruen --- Closing remarks ---
You may download original photos from